Velvet in Fall 2016

zara velvet dress

The Velvet trend is at it’s all time highest for fall 2016. Almost every store has their version of velvet and we can find it in every piece from dresses, accessories, boots, bags, and home decor. (I would love to own a velvet couch in this color.) What’s even better about this trend that you can find it at all price point. This dress came from Zara and cost under $30! (Similar dress here.) Velvet automatically gives off a luxe look because of the sheen of the fabric and soft texture. And the colors, they almost always have the richest hues of any color.

For this look I wanted a casual feel so I went with over the knee boots with a low heel. Mirror sunnies cause that’s how I do, lol, and my beloved vintage Chanel backpack. I’m still so obsessed with this purse after many years and dare I say that I like it more than the newer styles in the boutiques.

dress: zara (similar here) | shoes: aldo | bag: chanel | sunglasses: chanel

how to wear velvetred hairzara velvet dresshow to style velvet chanel mirror sunglasseschanel vintage backpackred hairvintage chanel backpackzara velvet dresszara velvet dressfashion blogger over the knee bootschanel mirror sunglassestrends velvet

Shop the look:

16 Comments

1. Cristal
    November 30, 2016 / 5:37 pm

Hi! I know this is kinda off topic however I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest authoring a blog post or vice-versa? My website addresses a lot of the same topics as yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from each other. If you are interested feel free to send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Fantastic blog by the way!

2. Lucy Mitchell
    October 17, 2016 / 6:25 pm

Yess that velvet is amazing!
    Sunset Desires

3. SistersAndBloggers
    October 13, 2016 / 4:08 pm

Hi there!!

We also think that Velvet is a huge trend this season 🙂 and your outfit was on point!!
    By the way we love that beautiful Chanel vintage bag of yours.

Cheers,
    Nathaly from Sisters & Bloggers

4. A-I
    October 13, 2016 / 10:33 am

Wow, I really love that Chanel backpack. Looks amazing! 🙂

Anna-Irene from

5. Kristina
    October 13, 2016 / 5:00 am

OMG Those glasses :O :O Saw them on the Chanel runway and fell in love! The velvet trend is GOALS OMG. Love your blog so much! It’s so unique <3 Check out my blog!

Kristina Ang, http://lifeofanafashionado.blogspot.com/

6. Mark
    October 12, 2016 / 4:14 am

Wow, what a match the hair, dress and boots. You look stunning.

7. Crystal
    October 12, 2016 / 1:18 am

Love this outfit, you look great! I’m going to have to get out my cool weather clothes and see if I have any velvet items. I don’t think I do – what a great excuse to go shopping!
    Crystal

The Neon Factor - a fashion, beauty, current trends, lifestyle blog: Any paid collaborations, sponsorships, or gifts are specified and reflect personal aesthetics and honest opinion. Outbound product links may be monetized via affiliate services.